Friday, August 11, 2006

From Russia With Love

Here are some additional From Russia With Love images I took a few nights ago. They are neat because they are the the only documentation I've made of the process so far. The lower of the two images is of my source material, exactly as I see it...one of two or three Russian bride websites I haunt regularily for images. The other picture is of the first sixteen-or-so portraits I did, laid out on my floor

similarily to how they will be installed (side by side) in the storefront window. It's funny that from far away- like from across the road from the installation- the subtle drawings will probably just look like dots, evenly spaced out.

I'm actually in the middle of a three-week break from the Russia project because I am tied down to a sculptural project I have to have done by the first week of September. I find that my mind always wanders back to this work, though. I can't wait to start the bookwork aspect of From Russia With Love...seeing a book or zine come together, especially one of substantial size, is always exciting. The bookwork multiple of this project will eventually be for sale through me for about $10 each.

No comments: